Server info is hg.playcitycraft.com:25587
playcitycraft.com:25587
Vote at www.vote.playcitycraft.com to recieve 3 Diamonds/$150 mc money per vote!
Join us on mumble voice chat server at 184.154.31.52 Port 63056 Password CityCraft (can download at www.mumble.com for free)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Server info is hg.playcitycraft.com:25587
playcitycraft.com:25587
Vote at www.vote.playcitycraft.com to recieve 3 Diamonds/$150 mc money per vote!
Join us on mumble voice chat server at 184.154.31.52 Port 63056 Password CityCraft (can download at www.mumble.com for free)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Best Minecraft Server Host!
Video of the Week
Latest topics
» A tribute to CityCraft, and Aces.
We may have been hacked. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 8:09 am by yugiohsecret

» CityCraft Back Up
We may have been hacked. EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 7:45 am by BenjoFTW

» Possibilities on restarting CityCraft again..
We may have been hacked. EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 8:16 pm by BenjoFTW

» Greetings friends.
We may have been hacked. EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 4:48 pm by BenjoFTW

» Tekkit Server WhiteList
We may have been hacked. EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 12:20 am by tkdwilbur

» CityCraft is back! READ
We may have been hacked. EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 pm by gnr75

» Aces, if you can see this please take a minute to read.
We may have been hacked. EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 pm by gnr75

» THIS IS AN OUTDATED WEBSITE!!! INFOMATION HERE
We may have been hacked. EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:06 pm by yugiohsecret

» New Awesome Server
We may have been hacked. EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 4:19 pm by cheddar_7

We may have been hacked.

4 posters

Go down

We may have been hacked. Empty We may have been hacked.

Post  Iceyball989 Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:47 am

Alright so I think someone hacked the server. Either that or there was a HUGE misunderstanding. I am a helper on this server, I love it, and I do all I can to make sure it runs smoothly. So when my brother comes and tells me hes been muted for talking about hitler when he didn't, I wanted to check it out. I log on and ask them why they muted him. They say he was talking about hitler and was muted for being racist. Now I would like to point out here - just plain old talking about hitler is not racist. I don't know the extent of his words b/c nobody would tell me. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. I tell the moderator that muted him that I trust him, and leave it at that. Then all of a sudden I have been muted. The mod is telling me I need to calm down. I unmute myself (I'm still a helper) and am trying to ask him what is going on (and also try to get him to explain why my brother was muted). Now he unhelpers me. I tell him this isn't fair, I have not done anything wrong, but guess what? He bans me for 5 minutes. I get back on and he's gone. Now the helpers are mad at me "for defending him". That's where it ends.

For reference the "mod" was nicknamed "AcesSexy" something, and the helper kentuckybadfish (something like that).

I am now typing this very confused. I went from a helper to a disliked member in a few minutes. I want to point out that I was nowhere trying to defend my brother because he is my brother, but he was able to contact me and I wanted this resolved. The other staff have scolded me for sticking up for him. I would not have done it -- but considering the lack of ANY explanation other than Hitler was mentioned and absolutely no proof of any kind I felt it was my duty to stick up for those who cannot speak for themselves. If my actions where wrong please explain to me the issue. I also would like to say I was not trying to make the other helpers/mods look bad or anything like that -- but I was seriously thinking this was all hacking considering I have never seen this mod or helper before, and the way they acted. I meant absolutely no disrespect either way.

Now I think it was the cause of some hacker. The worse thing is is that most of the helpers defended him because of his rank. When I asked nobody knew who he was. I do not have any pictures -- but the server log should show the conversion.

I hope this can be resolved quickly, and thank you for listening.

Sincerely,
Master_Chief_117

P.S. I have my map I made for the server up on another server - please contact me to get the IP, alk.

Iceyball989

Back to top Go down

We may have been hacked. Empty Re: We may have been hacked.

Post  Iceyball989 Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:51 am

Ok so I asked the other helpers -- and they say it was mynx, and apparently she is very trustworthy. So maybe this was not a hack, and maybe she was just confused, either way I would like to ask for my position as helper back. I broke no rules. I am currently a bit angry, as that is usually the effect unfairness has on me. I hope that you will understand and we can put this all in the past.

Thanks!

Edit: So I asked around and apparently it was because I said the word "hitler" too many times. Didn't really know I couldn't -- especially whe I only said it in context of something like "So what did he say about hitler that was racist?" and things like that.

Iceyball989

Back to top Go down

We may have been hacked. Empty Masterchief

Post  12r4chkirby Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:16 am

Master cheif that Mod is no hacker at her nick name is acessexybody and her name is mynx every1 know's who she is and thats all i wanted to say thank you.
Chkirby12r4
12r4chkirby
12r4chkirby
Level 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceyball989 Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:47 am

Thank you, I have realized who it was. Also the others did not know (at least the ones I asked) . One of them suggested it was Ace undercover. No disrespect to her (I know very little about her), but from what I've seen "mynx" seemed to be abusing powers if you ask me. Banning/muting everybody who mentioned "hitler" even if they were trying to help the cause. It is ironic, because I think she said it more than anyone. I am still very confused, I have no idea why hitler seemingly became a racial slur and was no longer allowed to be said AT ALL, as when I got on the chat was a mess. I guess I used the word "hitler" too many times (well, according to mynx, and felt it somehow deserved a de-rank and temp ban) I didn't even know that I was doing anything against the rules because I showed up too late to know, and the official rules said nothing about saying hitler, except everyone seemed to think using his name fell under the category of "racism" (Even saying Nazi isn't racism, as it isn't a race) maybe somebody was making fun of Jewish people, all I know is that I was not. I really hope you all see that I was just trying to help, and did not mean to anger anybody. I also broke exactly 0 official rules (although I guess mods now have the ability to spontaneously create rules without informing anyone). Hopefully this all will get fixed as soon as Ace figures out what happened.

Edit: I asked my brother to clarify what he said. He had heard a mod telling everybody to stop mentioning Hitler. I guess he thought it was a smart idea to tell the mods that he saw nobody saying anything about Hitler (along the lines of "Who was talking about hitler?"). I'm sure he was wrong, but they muted him. Sure he was not doing the brightest thing, but a mute? I figure they must have been annoyed with all the hitler talk, and maybe thought he was one of the hitler-speakers and muted him. Anyways I guess I know more as to exactly why saying the word "hitler" had such harsh punishments. I guess hitler isn't really the thing to fill the chat with, but I felt like everybody was still overreacting. Maybe I don't know the full story (I couldn't find anybody who does -- not even the helpers that where on). Hopefully mynx will see this and explain it. I feel I did not deserve what happened, though.

Thanks again!

Iceyball989

Back to top Go down

Post  mynxthesacredone Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:19 am

Iceyball989 wrote:Alright so I think someone hacked the server. Either that or there was a HUGE misunderstanding. I am a helper on this server, I love it, and I do all I can to make sure it runs smoothly. So when my brother comes and tells me hes been muted for talking about hitler when he didn't, I wanted to check it out. I log on and ask them why they muted him. They say he was talking about hitler and was muted for being racist. Now I would like to point out here - just plain old talking about hitler is not racist. I don't know the extent of his words b/c nobody would tell me. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. I tell the moderator that muted him that I trust him, and leave it at that. Then all of a sudden I have been muted. The mod is telling me I need to calm down. I unmute myself (I'm still a helper) and am trying to ask him what is going on (and also try to get him to explain why my brother was muted). Now he unhelpers me. I tell him this isn't fair, I have not done anything wrong, but guess what? He bans me for 5 minutes. I get back on and he's gone. Now the helpers are mad at me "for defending him". That's where it ends.

For reference the "mod" was nicknamed "AcesSexy" something, and the helper kentuckybadfish (something like that).

I am now typing this very confused. I went from a helper to a disliked member in a few minutes. I want to point out that I was nowhere trying to defend my brother because he is my brother, but he was able to contact me and I wanted this resolved. The other staff have scolded me for sticking up for him. I would not have done it -- but considering the lack of ANY explanation other than Hitler was mentioned and absolutely no proof of any kind I felt it was my duty to stick up for those who cannot speak for themselves. If my actions where wrong please explain to me the issue. I also would like to say I was not trying to make the other helpers/mods look bad or anything like that -- but I was seriously thinking this was all hacking considering I have never seen this mod or helper before, and the way they acted. I meant absolutely no disrespect either way.

Now I think it was the cause of some hacker. The worse thing is is that most of the helpers defended him because of his rank. When I asked nobody knew who he was. I do not have any pictures -- but the server log should show the conversion.

I hope this can be resolved quickly, and thank you for listening.

Sincerely,
Master_Chief_117

P.S. I have my map I made for the server up on another server - please contact me to get the IP, alk.

so master_cheif_117 i asked your "brother" to stop talking about hilter like 10 times and i was ignored. I walked in on the middle of alot of people being upset by the stuff he was saying and I asked him to stop he refuse and yes got muted then i asked you to calm down so i could see what exactly was happening but nope you kept coming back and running your mouth at me. I am more tolerant than most but your brother chose to ignore me when i asked nicely. Its not ok for him to continue to do shit that offends not one but many of our other players and ignore a mod when asked to cut it out. As for the abuse of powers well claim what ya want but I didnt abuse any powers. as a helper you shouldve understood and gotten your brother to drop it not stir the pot
mynxthesacredone
mynxthesacredone

Back to top Go down

Post  mynxthesacredone Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:24 am

Iceyball989 wrote:Thank you, I have realized who it was. Also the others did not know (at least the ones I asked) . One of them suggested it was Ace undercover. No disrespect to her (I know very little about her), but from what I've seen "mynx" seemed to be abusing powers if you ask me. Banning/muting everybody who mentioned "hitler" even if they were trying to help the cause. It is ironic, because I think she said it more than anyone. I am still very confused, I have no idea why hitler seemingly became a racial slur and was no longer allowed to be said AT ALL, as when I got on the chat was a mess. I guess I used the word "hitler" too many times (well, according to mynx, and felt it somehow deserved a de-rank and temp ban) I didn't even know that I was doing anything against the rules because I showed up too late to know, and the official rules said nothing about saying hitler, except everyone seemed to think using his name fell under the category of "racism" (Even saying Nazi isn't racism, as it isn't a race) maybe somebody was making fun of Jewish people, all I know is that I was not. I really hope you all see that I was just trying to help, and did not mean to anger anybody. I also broke exactly 0 official rules (although I guess mods now have the ability to spontaneously create rules without informing anyone). Hopefully this all will get fixed as soon as Ace figures out what happened.

Edit: I asked my brother to clarify what he said. He had heard a mod telling everybody to stop mentioning Hitler. I guess he thought it was a smart idea to tell the mods that he saw nobody saying anything about Hitler (along the lines of "Who was talking about hitler?"). I'm sure he was wrong, but they muted him. Sure he was not doing the brightest thing, but a mute? I figure they must have been annoyed with all the hitler talk, and maybe thought he was one of the hitler-speakers and muted him. Anyways I guess I know more as to exactly why saying the word "hitler" had such harsh punishments. I guess hitler isn't really the thing to fill the chat with, but I felt like everybody was still overreacting. Maybe I don't know the full story (I couldn't find anybody who does -- not even the helpers that where on). Hopefully mynx will see this and explain it. I feel I did not deserve what happened, though.

Thanks again!

go look at your brothers ban appeal thats exactly what he as doing on the server that got him muted in the first place. now again before you accuse me of abuse of power know the facts. any other questions just ask me mkay
mynxthesacredone
mynxthesacredone

Back to top Go down

Post  gnr75 Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:31 am

Mynx doesn't abuse powers Trololol

gnr75
Diamond
Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceyball989 Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:55 am

Ok mynx, first I would like to apologize for saying you abused your powers.

Next I wanted to say that I think there was a huge misunderstanding at least on my part. I told you that I believed you when you told me to calm down. Right before that I had asked what was said about hitler. I think that was entered right as you told me to calm down and it looked bad. I am sorry that it looked as if I had kept running my mouth. I do remember that before I was unhelpered and temp banned I told you that I believed you. That was the last thing I said to you, but it may have gone out of the screen too fast for you to read it. I also want to say that I was not trying to stir things up or disrespect anybody. I was trying to be fair but I should not have used the main chat to talk about the issue.

I hope at the very least you will forgive me for wrongly accusing you and also causing additional troubles in the server. I'm glad it was all sorted out, thank you.

Iceyball989

Back to top Go down

Post  mynxthesacredone Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:49 am

Iceyball989 wrote:Ok mynx, first I would like to apologize for saying you abused your powers.

Next I wanted to say that I think there was a huge misunderstanding at least on my part. I told you that I believed you when you told me to calm down. Right before that I had asked what was said about hitler. I think that was entered right as you told me to calm down and it looked bad. I am sorry that it looked as if I had kept running my mouth. I do remember that before I was unhelpered and temp banned I told you that I believed you. That was the last thing I said to you, but it may have gone out of the screen too fast for you to read it. I also want to say that I was not trying to stir things up or disrespect anybody. I was trying to be fair but I should not have used the main chat to talk about the issue.

I hope at the very least you will forgive me for wrongly accusing you and also causing additional troubles in the server. I'm glad it was all sorted out, thank you.

thats fine I dont hold a grudge against ya or anything. Thanks for apologizing shows alot maybe you can teach your bro a little it of tact Smile
mynxthesacredone
mynxthesacredone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum